I had quite a bit of chili sauce leftover from making Thai summer rolls yesterday, so I wanted a recipe that would use most of it. I found the recipe for the sauce here.
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp sambal oelek
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Heat to a boil then lower to simmer until thickened.
After mulling it over through three massages and 4 hours of class, I decided to make a baked tofu recipe with my leftover sweet chili sauce.
I found the perfect recipe here and modified it for my kitchen.
- 1 19 oz package Extra Firm Tofu, drained and pressed
- 4 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut drained and pressed tofu into 1/4″ slices, then cut slices diagonally. Line a 9×13 pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. Combine sauce ingredients and coat both sides of tofu. Place in oven for 1 hour, until edges are crispy.
2. Serve with rice or dragon noodles.