I love spicy foods almost as much as I love sushi. I pinned this recipe about two weeks ago on Pinterest and I have already made it twice this week. The first time it was too spicy, but I really think I nailed it the second time around. I made a few changes, including adding ginger and more vegetables, but feel free to make your own substitutions.
Or, see my updated recipe here!!
- 8 ounces rice noodles (or whole wheat linguine)
- 1/4 cup red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp hot vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup both chopped cilantro and green onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 head broccoli, florets only
1. Stir 2 tablespoons of cold water into the crushed red pepper flakes. Pour 2 tablespoons of hot vegetable oil into red pepper mixture slowly. Set aside 1 tablespoon and save the rest for another use.
2. Whisk together the 1 tablespoon pepper oil, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger in a bowl until sugar is mostly dissolved.
3. Boil rice noodles for 6-8 minutes and toss in broccoli florets in the last two minutes. Drain, return to pan, and stir in sauce. Toss in chopped cilantro, green onion, and carrot. Heat on low until entire combination is warm and sauce is absorbed. Sprinkle sesame seeds and extra cilantro on top.