When I was little, my mom made these chocolate chip meringue cookies for holidays and my birthday treat at school. I love mint and chocolate combined and the light, airy texture of meringue is the perfect vessel for it!
I posted these a few months ago in the Vegan Meringue Facebook group, but finally decided to post the recipe!
• 3/4 cup aquafaba
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract with 3 drops peppermint extract
• 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
in a clean metal bowl until it holds soft peaks. Add the apple cider vinegar
if peaks don’t form well. When mixture no longer moves if you tilt the bowl, start slowly adding sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time.
2. When all the sugar has been incorporated, meringue should be stiff and glossy. Add vanilla and peppermint extract. Sprinkle in chocolate chips and lightly fold in.
3. Dollop blobs of meringue onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 2 hours in an oven heated to 225°F. Turn the oven off and leave overnight. Remove from the oven in the morning.