Some days I really love cooking and I enjoy spending the time chopping and sautéing and preparing something fresh for my family. Other days I really enjoy throwing everything in a pot and watching Netflix. This recipe is for the latter days.
• 2 cups dry lentils
• 2 quarts vegetable stock (I like Better Than Bouillon)
• 1/2 small onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 tsp light miso paste
• 5 ounces chopped frozen spinach
• 1 tbsp dry parsley, or 3 tbsp fresh
• 1 bay leaf
• salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat vegetable stock in a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Add all of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce down to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, until lentils are soft, adding more water if necessary. Season to taste.