Today is my husband’s birthday and one of his usual requests is something with chocolate. I knew I needed to use up these bananas from my freezer, so chocolate chip banana muffins were a great way to satisfy both his sweet tooth and my desire to declutter.
Aquafaba makes a great egg replacer in these muffins and no one would even be able to tell they’re egg and dairy free. I actually brought them in to share with his coworkers and they gobbled them up.
Recipe adapted from here
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cups white sugar
• 1/2 cup coconut oil
• 3 very ripe bananas, mashed well
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 cup aquafaba
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Cream together the coconut oil and sugars. Add bananas, aquafaba, and vanilla.
2. Mix in flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Pour batter into about 16 lined muffin tins. Bake for about 20-22 minutes at 350 ˚ F.
P.S. Check our the Vegan Meringue Facebook group for more great aquafaba recipes!