I’ve already expressed my obsession with Just Mayo in my previous post, and I was excited to find the Chipotle mayo in a nearby store. I should be receiving a jar of their new product Just Cookie Dough in the mail next week, so I plan on doing a review here. Check back for it!
I wanted to use the Chipotle mayo for something more exciting than just a sandwich, and I couldn’t imagine a better application than in chickpea salad. I love recipes for chickpea salad as a tuna salad/chicken salad replacement because I grew up eating those for lunch over the summer. The chipotle mayo adds a really nice kick; I would love to try this with some chopped cilantro or in a lettuce wrap. You could even serve this as a warm dip with hot sauce and chips.
• 2 cups chickpeas, smashed
• 4 tbsp red onion, diced finely
• 1/4 medium green bell pepper, diced finely
• 1/2 cup Chipotle Just Mayo
• 1 tbsp dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 2-3 green onions, sliced
1. Smash chickpeas with mayo, mustard, and lime juice until there are few whole chickpeas.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Serve on toast, in wraps, or eat straight with a spoon.