I just tried the recipe for seitan sausage from Post Punk Kitchen and I couldn’t wait to make something with it. The recipe for the sausages is linked below-I didn’t make any changes and they turned out perfect. I love the smell of fennel and these have the perfect amount of spice in them. If you can’t go through the effort of making them feel free to use pre made sausages.
• 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
• 1 medium yellow onion, sliced in half moons
• 1 seitan sausage, sliced into half rounds
• 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
• 3 tbsp Earth Balance
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tbsp flour
• 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
• 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1 tsp parsley
1. Heat oil over low and add onion. Cook for up to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until very soft and beginning to brown. Remove from pan and cook sausage in same oil over high heat until crispy.
2. Cook fettuccine and drain. Heat earth balance over medium heat, add garlic, and heat for 1 minute. Stir in flour and slowly add almond milk, constantly whisking to form a roux. Add nutritional yeast and parsley, then stir in cooked pasta.
3. Top pasta with sausage, onions, and tomatoes. Serve with a doppelbock, like Bell’s Consecrator.