This recipe for spicy Thai noodles has been one of my most pinned and viewed recipes. I still make this regularly, but my cilantro hating husband requested I change that part of the sauce.
I usually have basil around from my herb pot, and when it’s not being made into pesto, it goes great with this recipe.
Another note; dark soy sauce can be subbed for a tablespoon or two of the regular sauce sauce if you want a darker color.
- 8 ounces rice noodles (or whole wheat linguine)
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp cold water
- 2 tsp hot vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp grated ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped basil and green onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 head broccoli, florets only
1. Stir 2 teaspons of cold water into the crushed red pepper flakes. Pour 2 teaspoons of hot vegetable oil into red pepper mixture slowly.
3. Boil rice noodles for 6-8 minutes and toss in broccoli florets in the last two minutes. Drain, return to pan, and stir in sauce. Toss in chopped basil, green onion, and carrot. Heat on low until entire combination is warm and sauce is absorbed. Sprinkle sesame seeds and extra green onion on top.